Our Main Objective: To build capacity for excellence in technology in all schools on Kauaʻi.Our Goals:
- Grow a networked learning community on Kaua’i
Develop technology in education leaders
Promote deeper learning practices
Improve Student Achievement
Prepare students for our rapidly changing local and global economy
- Expose teachers to highly qualified experts, tools, and instructional practices
How we are working on meeting our goals:
- Holding quarterly meet & greet events for members to network, share best practices, and share out on PD experiences.
- Secure funding through Hale Uluwehi Charitable Fund Grant. We have attained a generous grant which will help support our stated goals.
- Providing funding for professional learning opportunities to our members. HSTE Kaua'i members have recently be awarded sponsorship to the Kamehameha School "Believe" Conference and the National ISTE Convention in Atlanta.
- Plan and execute the first EdCamp on Kaua'i.
- Bringing in tech experts from around the state to educate our members.
- Creating a platform for Kaua'i educators to share ideas, expertise, and questions.