ISTE 2014 is over, but there are still lots of information below from the event.
If you are looking for things to do as you plan out your
ISTE adventure, here are some HSTE related events. If you are attending the conference from Hawaii and you are presenting, please let me know and I will add your session here to that we can help support your endeavors.
Birds of a Feather Event - Connecting ISTE
Members from the Pacific Rim
Monday, June 30th - 5:15 - 6:45PM
Room - GWCC B314
Affiliates around the Pacific Ocean have unique stories/challenges to share. In this Birds of a Feather session, we will bring together the affiliates from the Pacific Rim area to connect, communicate, and collaborate. Led by Mike Travis (Current HSTE President).
HSTE/ASTE "Meet and Greet" Event to follow was on June 30th. Look for a new event at ISTE 2015 in Philly.
Transforming schools and learning: A case study of 15 schools
Sunday, June 29th - 12:45 - 1:45PM
Room - GWCC B305
Representatives from 15 Hawaiian schools will outline the tools and strategies they used to transform their schools into digital age learning organizations. Participants will share their methodologies and successes and developing administrative leadership that created organizational change. The panel will include Mike Travis (Current HSTE President) and Mark Hines (2012 President).
Developing web and internet safe educated kids: The 3E model (roundtable)
Sunday, June 29th, 8:30 - 9:30AM
Room - GWCC B208, Table 5
Learn about the research behind our WISE Kids 3E model (effective, efficient, ethical) to address digital citizenship. Dr. Nguyen - HSTE Board Member is hosting this talk.
Support Hawaii and HSTE Members by attending these sessions as well:
Special Invitations from some of our vendors:
- Mobile Megashare - Friday from 1:45-6:00 pm
- It is similar to an unconference but with predefined topics related to mobile learning. Lynne, a HSTE Member, will be facilitating a table on differentiated PD.
- Birds of a Feather Session for Educational Technology Coaches SIG - Sunday, June 29th at 5:30PM
- Lynne, a HSTE Member, will be hosting that along with a few other SIG members. To learn more about SIGETC, click here.
- Birds of a Feather Session for Technology in After School Programs (SIGTAP) SIG - Sunday, June 29th at 5:30PM.
- Lori, a HSTE Member, will be helping at the session. To learn more about SIGTAP, click here.
- EdTech Coaches Playground - Monday, June 30th from 9:30 - 1:00PM
- It will be a large space with 8 stations where coaches will share and demonstrate coaching techniques, tips and tricks.
- Panel Discussion Session on Coaching for Educational Transformations - Tuesday, July 1st at 10:15AM
- Lynne, a HSTE Member, will be on the panel
- The Runbook Project: Professional Learning for Hawaii Technology Coordinators - Sunday, June 29th, 2:00-4:00PM
- GWCC Murphy Ballroom Galleria, Table 10 (Brendan Brennan, Mark Yap, Marybeth Bladwin, Robert Nakama from Hawaii)
- MyOn (Special Events and Breakfast!) - Aloha Friends & Colleagues, We look forward to connecting with many educators from Hawaii at this year's ISTE conference in Atlanta!
- You are invited to our Voices of Literacy national event on Sunday, June 29th from 5:00 – 8:00pm (panel starts at 6pm) at the Omni Hotel – Atrium, 100 CNN Center – RSVP by Monday, June 23rd.
- For HSTE and ASTE members, along with your fellow educators, please join us on Tuesday, July 1st at 8:00a.m. for breakfast and a conversation about your literacy initiatives. This special presentation for Hawaii & Alaska will be hosted at myON Booth #2148. Please RSVP to Heather Anderson (firstname.lastname@example.org) by Monday, June 23rd so we can ensure you are on the early-entry list for the Exhibit Hall. Mahalo!
- Before we see you at ISTE, we would like to invite you to learn more about the ways in which myON's digital literacy platform is expanding. myON is growing to include literacy tools, the first set of which will be close reading tools that allow students to practice close reading skills like highlighting and note-taking--all embedded within myON's digital platform. For a sneak peek at the new literacy tools, view this recent webinar. Since the launch of myON in January 2011, we have expanded our content to more than 7,000 enhanced digital books. We have just reached 4 million students reading on the personalized literacy platform. We value your continued partnership and hope you are able to attend our special event for Hawaii and Alaska on July 1st!
- Safe travels from Amy, MyOn Account Manager, email@example.com
- Apple (Free Training at ISTE!) - To find out more and register for these events, click on this link.
Support our friends at ASTE by attending these sessions as well:
- Monday, June 30 1:00-1:30pm - Snapshot 2 of 2: Alaska SeaLife Center Distance Learning: Engaging Videoconferences and Online Exploration - Overview of the Alaska SeaLife Center’s distance learning programs and online virtual field trips, including a live connection to the Alaska SeaLife Center)
- Tuesday, July 1 12:00-1:00pm - IVC Playground (multiple providers connected to showcase distance learning programs - the Alaska SeaLife Center will be on from 12-1pm)
Please join other HSTE Members for the biggest event of the year in Atlanta, Georgia! Please make sure to indicate you are a member of HSTE when you register, you will receive a discount on registration and HSTE will benefit as well.